TWENTY-TWO RUSTING, DISGUSTING TRAILER HOMES, ELEVEN ON EACH SIDE OF "LOVER'S LANE COURT" (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?) BEHIND THE BARELY HANGING-ON FRONT DOOR OF EACH IS A STORY; IN THE DAYS TO COME I WILL TELL THEIR SORTED TALES.

Friday, February 17, 2012

I AM WITH THE C.I.A., Y'ALL!

I know that any employer in America will need to advertise for help from time to time, and certainly the CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY is no exception. It is where they advertised that amused me.

I had heard their ads on WSB-750 Radio several weeks ago. I laughed out loud and let my fertile brain run with thoughts of the kinds of people that would apply.

If you are not familiar with this station, it is a talk radio station and it is conservative. When I say conservative, I mean far, far right, and that's OK. Everyone is entitled to give their views and have their audience. I am told that there are liberal radio stations, although I would find it hard to believe that Bert and Ernie would take time off from Sesame Street to do such a show.

I do not know what other stations, or on which other shows that the CIA advertise, as I listen to Neal Boortz. Well, actually, I listen to get the morning traffic every 6 minutes(invaluable if you drive in Atlanta), and Neal's show is on. 

Now think about it. Advertisers "target"(no pun intended) their market, looking for a certain type of person. Neal is hard core far right. At the end of the commercial is the legal tag, "The CIA is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, age, or ethnic background." YEAH, RIGHT! 

I can not see:
a liberal agent saying, "Can't we all get along?" 
a religious agent saying, "Let us pray over this, Bin."
a female agent saying, "Really? Really that's your excuse!?"
a young agent saying, " Like WOW! Cool torture devices!"
an old agent saying, "In my day we just shot 'em like a dog!"
a black agent saying, "What did you call me?"

You get the idea. And what about the kinds of programs that the CIA might advertise on; The Rick and Bubba Show? Let your mind wander as to the caliber of agents these would be. I am thinking at least 12 gauge. 


I can see a covert mission with to good ole boy agents, sleeves cut out of their shirts, two deer rifles in the gun rack of the camouflaged, muddy pick up, rolling up to a mosque and asking, "Any y'all fellas seen Bin Laudin round these parts?" 


Does the 700 Club advertise for the Company? Lord help us if they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment