TWENTY-TWO RUSTING, DISGUSTING TRAILER HOMES, ELEVEN ON EACH SIDE OF "LOVER'S LANE COURT" (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?) BEHIND THE BARELY HANGING-ON FRONT DOOR OF EACH IS A STORY; IN THE DAYS TO COME I WILL TELL THEIR SORTED TALES.

Monday, May 12, 2014

LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING!

  
Look at the charming face of Alyce G Weiher. a big smile, happy expression. If you know her, then you know her children, her grandchildren, and all the other pertinent facts about this typical Southern Grandmother, going up and spending her life in her hometown.


That's what you see. What I see is the second picture. A red 1964 Red Oldsmobile with the words, "THE RED COFFIN!" emblazoned across the back window.
I hear my Daddy saying, "Hoss, that girl drives wilder than you do.( you know I cleaned that up a whole lot from what he really said) You'll get your killin' in that damned car!" 
I remember that later in life being in shoot outs as a police officer and not being near as scared as I was the first time I wrote in that car. 

What I remember most is that we had the most exciting times of our lives growing up in Hogansville and would not change a minute of it.(well, maybe a few minutes, we'll talk about some other time)

Alyce Gray you were and still are an important part of my life. Thank you for scaring the pee out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment